Are you searching for an IT management company to assist you with your desktop and device management services? This article will discuss how IT management can lower your costs and reduce the complexity of managing your desktop as well other business transforming benefits that an IT management company can offer your business.
Maintaining and managing desktops and end user devices has become one of the most challenging and costly aspects of doing business today. Managing software version control across your enterprise, staying up-to-date with patches, and using best practices to lower your costs for desktop support present real business challenges.
To reduce the complexity of managing your desktops, an IT management company can provide support for the entire life cycle of your desktop and device management technology. Whether dealing with Voice over IP phone solutions, PDAs, Point of Sale registers, data collection devices, deployments, break-fix issues or service level agreements, a flexible model can be customized to your specific environment.
To improve service delivery, a quality IT management company focuses on three key areas:
1. A technology-enabled approach with centralized administration
2. State-of-the-art 24/7 help desk support
3. Highly trained customer service engineers for on-site and remote support
COMBINING BEST PRACTICES TO ENHANCE SUPPORT SERVICES
A high quality IT management company can architect a solution that focuses on the critical service delivery aspects of your organization. A customized solution includes measuring and evaluating metrics; specific skill set requirements; leveraging resources, whether on-site or remote; and queue management.
An IT management company's capabilities include:
Supporting Infrastructure --
- A global 24/7 support IT management center uses multiple best practices such as remote control, software delivery and inventory management
- Global service engineers operate from a call center or in an on-site support environment, providing a full range of support services
- A team researches and tests solutions before deploying live
- Technical and business support processes align with customers' needs
Strategy Components --
- Develop and define processes, procedures and metrics
- Service level agreements (SLAs)
- Inventory procurement, deployment and management
- Change management
- Configuration management
Competency Components --
- Hardware and software life cycle management
- Software and image distribution
- On-site and remote control desktop support
- Usage measurement and license administration
- Security and virus protection
Application Management --
- Application inventory
- Remote installations and patch deployment
- Antivirus management
- VPN and remote dial-in software
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
Hardware Management --
- Asset management
- Wireless devices
- PDAs - pagers - cell phones
- Point of sale (POS) registers
- Automated data collection (ADC) scanners
REAL BUSINESS-TRANSFORMING BENEFITS
A quality IT management company provides desktop support for customers locally and even internationally with on-call technicians in a 24/7 support model to fit your organization's requirements. With a reputable IT management company, you can:
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Improve SLA compliance
- Increase user productivity
- Streamline support
An IT company's engineers can be strategically located on-site at your environment, as well as off-site using remote tools to troubleshoot and diagnose problems over the phone. Service engineers work closely with you to ensure issues are fixed and documented within established response times.
Find an IT Management company that is well positioned to help companies overcome the challenges of their desktop and device management. With their wide range of hosted, remote and on-site services, they can provide outsourcing for the entire life cycle of your desktop and device management technology.